I love design!! To me, an app needs to be simple and elegant, and nothing less should even be allowed. Now granted, it’s difficult, and often times beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but, it’s so important. Here are some Apps that I feel simply take the cake of simplicity, and elegance.
You guys have probably seen me mention this app in a previous post, but I just can’t get enough of it. What makes this app so awesome.
- Simplicity – Everything on the screen is pretty much necessary, and when you use the app, everything is so simple and straightforward.
- Elegance – The app is beautiful. The color scheme is awesome, and nothing is clashing with each other.
I like Pinterest because once again
- Simple and elegant. It’s not overly fancy, not complicated, it just does what it’s supposed to do.
- Loading Images – I love the way that the pins have random colors as the backgrounds while the image is loading. That is such a nice touch.
- Easy to follow – You’ll notice when you use Pinterest, it’s very obvious how to do everything. You don’t need a manual. The UI, mainly the image selections for icons, kind of explains everything you need to know.
3. Yahoo Weather App
Does this even need any explanation. Well I guess so. Why do I love this?
- Great Font selection – The sizes and the type of font they used for everything was impeccable.
- Flows well – The app is so easy to use, and they use the UI in a wonderful way to explain everything to you. I actually like to use this weather app as opposed to many others.
- Image selection – You can tell they spent time finding each and every image they used, making sure that each one was just right for what they needed. They paid close attention to every detail.
Well these are three apps that I love and just wanted to share. Do you have any apps that you feel are beautiful. Let me know!